Friday, June 26, 2009

Jeannine - Short term, Long term, impactful term


I feel God has called me to this missions trip to Ukraine to experience Himself in a completely different way; to step up and be a light in not only my familiar surroundings but also in places that need more help than most. The place to devote two weeks of my summer to serving Him and showing others His unchanging love and power. I know this trip is going to be a very impactful aspect of my life. Being able to have this opportunity to step out of my element and see first-hand how God can move is so extraordinary to me. That no matter what has gone on in the processes of preparing, that God still wants to use me.


I have been on missions trips before but both lasted no more than a couple days. I felt that in that amount of time we were just getting started. I am immensely looking forward to this trip, to stay for, in actuality, a rather short time, and be there for others in any way that I can. People are all the same. Everyone wants to be loved, cared for, and needed; everyone needs a purpose. And to maybe be an encouragement, nay, a light in someone else’s life and to have God move through me is so mind-boggling. I have been reminded and redirected (countless times) during all of this that all God wants me to do is trust Him and not freak out over everything. I know myself and the rest of the team is going to come back a changed person, and I whole-heartedly hope that the people in Kagarlyk will have an even better memory and love for God from a few teenagers in the states.