Monday, June 29, 2009

Living the Life!!


Hey ya'll! It has been an interesting time from the point of making the decision to go to the Ukraine and the events leading up to our,very soon, departure. Interestingly enough, I was planning on going on the Honduras trip when Jeanne Claycamp talked to me about the Ukraine. Initially, I was saying in my mind " yea, don't think so." My heart was kinda set on Honduras. I told Jeanne that I would pray about it and let her know a little later what my decision was. As I prayed over the next few days, God spoke to me saying, "There will be time for Honduras and other trips to Spanish speaking countries, let's go to Ukraine and see a different side of missions."
At that point it was a done deal and from that point on my sights have been set on the Ukraine.

Like some that are going on this trip, I am not exactly sure why God is calling me to His mission to the Ukraine, but do know that He wants me to have a surrendered availability to Him and His purposes. I know for sure that it will be a stretching and humbling experience that will lead to a changed perspective of who God is and who we are in Him.

I look forward to hanging out with the team, learning how to serve in a deeper way, watching God's love move in and through us, causing us to fall deeper in Love with Him!!!

Prayer:
May we go and tangibly show the Love of Jesus in speach and in action, serving Him by serving each other and to those whom he presents us the opportunity. Prepair our hearts and those that we will encounter, Oh Lord and may you use us to Glorify you:)