Friday, June 26, 2009

Taylor chimes in...


Honestly, I am so stoked about this trip. God has blessed me with this mission trip and it will truly be a life changing opportunity. Seriously, this mission trip has meant so much to me and has been in my thoughts since I first heard about it back in January. Time has flown by; and since then I have filled out the application, gotten accepted, had all the money donated to me, have gotten a passport and gotten to know my partner’s in crime who are also looking forward to this amazing privilege.
Throughout all of this I have drawn so much closer to the Lord, for without Him none of this would be possible or even thinkable. In my journey thus far God has already shown me how to trust and be more confident in Him and His provision.
Being a short-term missionary means to me is that I get an amazing chance to just bless these people and not think of myself and my comfort at all. The small amount of time I am in Ukraine I want to get a chance to get to know as many people I can and learn and teach as much as possible. I really just want to show the people I meet to see pure and unbridled love, which only our Lord and Savior can provide. I look forward to what God has for my teammates and I throughout our adventure to Ukraine. I love you all a lot and keep us and everyone we are going to meet along the way in your prayers.